Child Care Subsidy is the Australian Government Subsidy that is available to eligible Families attending an approved Child Care Service to assist with the costs of your weekly Child Care Fees.

All Childs World Early Learning Centres have undergone rigorous licensing processes and are Fully Approved by the Family Assistance Office to enable your family to access the available Federal Government Funding when your child attends one of our Early Learning Centres.

The Child Care Subsidy is a payment to help families who use registered or approved childcare. The Child Care Subsidy is income tested.

If you would like any additional information regarding the Child Care Subsidy please feel free to contact one of our Centre Director's for guidance to ensure your Family is assisted.

In order to receive these payments, families must have their eligibility tested by the Family Assistance Office (FAO) and are to provide the centre with a copy of their FAO 'Assessment Notice of Child Care Subsidy for Approved Care'.  Please contact the FAO on 13 61 50 for further information, or visit their website at

Standard Information on Child Care Subsidy

Child Care Assistance
The Australian Government is committed to providing families with access to high quality, affordable child care and provides families with financial assistance to help cover the cost of approved child care through the Child Care Subsidy.


Child Care Subsidy
The Child Care Subsidy is income tested and is usually paid directly to approved child care services to reduce the fees that eligible families pay.

Who is eligible for the Child Care Subsidy?
• Your child must be attending approved child care or registered child care.
• You or your partner must be an Australian citizen, a permanent resident living in       Australia or be exempted from the Australian Government’s residency requirements.
• Children under seven years of age must meet the Australian Government’s immunisation requirements or have an exemption.
• You must be the person responsible for paying the child care fees.
• You can apply for the Child Care Subsidy in person or online through the Department of        Human Services.
How to claim the Child Care Subsidy 

• You can apply for the Child Care Subsidy in person or online through the Department of         Human Services.
How much could you get?

To find out how much Child Care Subsidy you could receive, use the childcare estimator online or call 13 6150.
Child Care assistance payments will be made once the Department of Human Services has received child care attendance details from your approved child care service/s.


For more information Visit